on August 23, 2022
Cocktail Hour: Salted Cucumber Margarita
- 1 ounce salted cucumber juice
- 2 ounces white tequila
- .75 ounce lime juice
- .75 ounce agave syrup (equal parts agave and hot water)
- 1 cucumber ribbon
- Peel, cut, and blend the cucumber.
- Strain cucumber juice and add salt to taste.
- In a shaker tin, combine cucumber juice, tequila, lime juice, agave syrup, and ice.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Rim a glass with Tajin or any chili mixture of your choice.
- Add ice to the Tajin-rimmed glass.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into the Tajin-rimmed glass.
- Use a mandolin or vegetable peeler to thinly slice a cucumber into long strips.
- Thread a single cucumber ribbon on a toothpick and garnish your cocktail.
This cocktail is unbelievably refreshing. The cucumber juice stands up well to the tequila and isn’t overpowering. Pair your salted cucumber margarita with a delicious aguachile, and enjoy!